I love eating bananas...especially with groundnut or peanut butter (have you tried a banana and peanut butter smoothie? Heavenly!!!). Lol...Okay, now that I have put that info out there, lets get down to the real purpose of this post.
How To Use Banana For SkincareBananas have a chunk of good vitamins and minerals like vitamin B6, manganese, vitamin C, potassium, dietary fiber, biotin, and copper. These potent minerals and vitamins are what makes banana a great skincare remedy. Let's see what how these minerals and vitamins benefits our skin.
BENEFITS OF BANANA FOR SKIN
Skin moisturizer. Rich in potassium and moisture, it will hydrate and moisturizes dry skin, making it soft and supple. If your skin is peeling and dry, simply apply a banana face mask on your face. Get a small bowl, mash up a ripe banana with the back of your fork, and apply to your face, avoiding the area around your eye and mouth. Rinse with cold water after 10 to 15 minutes and enjoy the soft feel of your skin.
Oil control. If you've got oily greasy skin, use a simple banana face mask with lemon juice and honey. Banana is a great exfoliator which helps slough off excess sebum on skin surface. It also contains and contains moisture, potassium, and vitamins E and C, which all promote clear glowing skin. Mash a ripe banana with the back of a fork and combine 1 tablespoon of raw honey and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice to make an amazing face mask. Rinse off with a wet cloth or cold water.
Anti-aging effects. Bananas, also known as nature's botox, contain super wrinkle fighting nutrients that helps fade age spots and prevent fine lines and wrinkles from forming. Coupled with other wrinkle-busting kitchen ingredients, you can gently nourish, exfoliate and protect mature skin. Slather on a thick coat of a powerful anti aging banana face mask containing one mashed banana, 1 teaspoon orange juice, and 1 teaspoon thick yogurt.
Treats acne. Banana and its peels are excellent homemade remedies for treating acne and pimples. You can directly apply the inside of a banana peel onto your acne to reduce inflammation and destroy bacteria. Also, use a face mask with mashed banana, honey, and turmeric to brighten skin, reduce acne, and moisturize your skin. Wash this off with cold water and pat your face dry. Remember to be consistent to see results.
Lightens dark spots. Whether it's acne scars, tiny moles, age spots, or just dark spots that make your face dull, you can reduce them and even out general skin discolorations by applying mashed banana onto your face at least twice a week.
Apart from keeping the cells hydrated, potassium also supports the growth of new skin cells. If your skin does not produce enough new cells, it will appear cracked and dry.
I love using banana face masks and I would be sharing a few of my favorite Banana Face Mask Recipes that are excellent at fighting wrinkles, banishing pimples, skin lightening and more.
1. Skin Lightening Banana Face MaskThis Skin Brightening Banana Face Mask has 3 power ingredients to hydrate, brighten and lighten your skin.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- In a small mixing bowl, place 1 ripe banana and mash it wish a fork into a lump free pulp. Then mix in 1 tsp of honey and 1 tsp of lemon juice and combine the ingredients thoroughly.
- Wash your face with a gentle soap and pat dry with a soft towel. Using clean fingers, rub the mask into your face. Apply the mask in a slightly thick layer so it has time to sink in.
- Keep on for 10 – 15 minutes. When the time is up, wash your face with warm water and do not use soap. And voila! Be amazed with your glowing radiant skin.
2. Pimple Fighting Banana Face MaskThis easy banana face mask with turmeric and baking soda can help you get glowing skin and reduce pimples as well as blemishes. Stay acne free by regularly using this pimple fighting banana face mask.
- 1 small ripe banana
- ½ tsp of turmeric powder
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- Mix together all the above ingredients using a fork in a small bowl. If your mixture is too thick, feel free to add a few drops of water. As usual, apply this mask using clean fingers to your freshly cleaned and patted dry face. The baking soda may sting a little, but this is no cause for alarm.
- Keep the mask on for 10 to 15 minutes and wash off with warm water. After patting your face dry with a clean towel, make sure you moisturize your face to prevent your sebaceous glands (producer of natural oil to hydrate skin) from going into overdrive to make up for the lack of oils.
3. Wrinkle Removing Banana Face MaskAn easy at home DIY banana face mask to remove wrinkles and make skin look young! Did you know that bananas are also called Nature’s Botox? Yes, it’s true! The nutrients in bananas have the power to significantly reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and make the skin look more supple and youthful. In this particular face mask, we are going to combine other wrinkle-busting ingredients to form a powerful combo pack. But first, we shall take a look at the important role of these extra ingredients in the face mask:
- 1 ripe banana (medium)
- 1 tsp orange juice
- 1 tsp thick yogurt
- As always, start with a clean dry face. In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients listed above and make a lump-free paste using a fork.
- Using clean fingers, apply the mask onto your face and massage it systematically throughout your face for 60 seconds. Then reapply a thick coat of the mask onto your face, and lie down for 25 mins. Breathe calmly and think positive thoughts, while letting the mask work it’s magic!
- Wash out your face with cold water, to keep your pores tight. Moisturize your face to prevent it getting dried out to have that supple look.
There you have it! Three yummy Banana Facial Masks. Have you tried banana in you DIY skin mixes? Confess...were you tempted to take a lick? Lol
Until next post...remain beautiful.